Monday, May 21, 2012

Dentistry On My Mind

I'm kind of a dental nerd.  I lay in bed at night thinking about cleaning teeth, making a crown, performing a root canal etc.  One of my favorite aspects of dentistry is the challenge of communicating with patients about treatments.  There can be many reasonable alternatives to any treatment plan and each of those options can be rather complex.  The potential expense of a treatment plan makes the decision even more difficult.

Another aspect of dentistry that is very enjoyable to me the wide range of power tools and materials involved.  There are constant innovations in tools, materials and techniques.  These innovations are accompanied by news articles and reports on television of the necessity of one and the outright dangers of another.  It can be very difficult to separate the fact from fiction.

For these reasons I decided to start a blog, with my wife's help.  I hope this will be a good resource for my patients in deciding on the treatment that is best for them, as well as the general public who might find this information useful.  Please send any questions and ideas for future posts to my email address.

1 comment:

  1. James, my Mom thinks you are the best! - Pat Canfield

    ReplyDelete